Kern Community College District Program Manager, Foundation and Institutional Advancement (COF) in Ridgecrest, California
This position is contingent on funding.
Under direction of the Program Director or assigned supervisor, the Program Manager is responsible for managing assigned program activities associated with maintaining quality academic and student services programs.
Act as liaison to college foundations
Manage the Cerro Coso Kern Promise grant, including participation in development and implementation of application, awarding, program requirements and tracking student outcomes.
Generate revenue for the sustainability of the Kern Promise grant.
Implement new initiatives for the improvement of the Foundation’s effectiveness as the primary fundraising entity.
Plan and execute alumni, donor, and other Foundation events. These duties may include overseeing all aspects of event execution, including maintenance of guest lists, invitations, selection of venues and menus, and general oversight of the event.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Two years of experience related to area of assignment.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of community college students and employees.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Community college faculty experience
- Preferred knowledge in Basic Skills Mathematics and/or English
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
The Kern Community College District provides a maximum contribution to a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance and dependent life coverage; long-term disability insurance, and an employee assistance program (EAP).
In addition, employees have the option to purchase:
- Flex 125
- AFLAC Policy
- Supplemental voluntary life insurance
- 403b Tax Shelter Annuity
All coverages begin on the first day of the month following the hire date. Employees are covered under the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) and are vested 100% after five years of full time service.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Student services available at the college.
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
- Principles and procedures of financial record-keeping and reporting.
- Pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations related to the assigned special programs processes.
- Principles of public speaking.
- Record-keeping and report preparation methods.
- Principles of providing work direction and guidance to others.
Correct English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation. Ability to:
Evaluate and implement project goals.
- Communicate information to individuals and groups.
- Interpret and apply the policies and procedures of the college and the project initiatives.
- Interact with and motivate others.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Prepare and monitor budgets.
- Supervise and provide work direction and guidance to assigned staff.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Special Instructions to Applicants
First Review of Applications: Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on February 6, 2018 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
Recruitment Status (tentative):
- Application Screening: TBD
- Interviews: TBD
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
Job Title: Program Manager, Foundation and Institutional Advancement (COF)
Position Number: 02177
Posting Date: 01/02/2018
Initial Screening Date: 02/06/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Management
Work Week: 40 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $66,315.63 annually
Maximum Salary: $87,011.86 annual (maximum entry $67,973.53)
College/Site: Cerro Coso College
Location: CC-Main Campus, Ridgecrest
Salary Grade: D